What is a Needs Assessment?
Sometimes we know that there is a real problem in our organization but we aren’t sure how to attack it. Often we just know that we are “stuck” and just don’t seem to be able to get to the next level, but we don’t know why. Other times the organizations seems to be doing well, but we just sense that “we don’t know what we don’t know.” Finally, we may have grown to a new level in size or complexity or change, and we want to be wise about how to best lead now because “what got us here won’t get us there.”
The Needs Assessment can include the following
The assessment process can include several or all of the following:
▪ Personal interviews
▪ Inspection of readily available data and records
▪ Observation of key meetings and interactions
▪ Reporting and feedback
▪ Your report, verbal and/or written, will include the issues discovered, potential cost if not rectified, options for addressing them, and recommendations.
▪ Deciding on change is hard enough, but implementing change takes more than “change management.” It takes orchestrating transitions that impact people deeply in many cases.
▪ We can partner with you in both the planning and execution phases of change, walking that sometimes treacherous path with you with support, encouragement, and accountability.
What is “Church Success?”
There are a few church assessments being done based on specific paradigms or formulas for church success. What is absolutely critical is your view of “church success” because it impacts the core of the assessment process and recommendations.